Last Call: An Updated Industry Practice Brief Offers Guidelines for Achieving a Compliant Query
October 25, 2022
Timothy Powell, CPA | Laurie M. Johnson, MS, RHIA | Ramesh Madhavan, MD | John Zelem, MD | Karen Marini Carr, MS | James Kennedy, MD
Today is the very last day to comment on the recently posted industry practice brief titled Guidelines to Achieving a Compliant Query Practice, co-authored by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and the Association of Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists (ACDIS). The updated brief was released on Oct. 10, 2022 and has been open for comments.
During the next live edition of the popular and long-running Talk Ten Tuesdays broadcast, Karen Carr, an AHIMA CDI practitioner, will explore the next steps in the process of finalizing the practice brief for publication.
Other segments during the live broadcast will include the following:
- Revenue Cycle Report: Dr. Ramesh Madhavan, founder and CEO for TiaTech, will discuss the results of the recently deployed survey that asked both Monitor Monday and Talk Ten Tuesday listeners to describe their biggest holdup in the revenue cycle management (RCM) process. Dr. Madhavan, practicing neurologist and program director for neurology, has expertise in understanding the challenges, pains, and disconnects within the RCM process, having had leadership in hospital data-mining and clinical informatics. He will speak to those RCM pains, as well as the survey results, in his segment.
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will report on the latest coding news.
- Journaling John: John Zelem, MD, FACS, founder and CEO for Streamline Solutions Consulting, will continue with his journal entry.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, CPA will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- TalkBack: James Kennedy, MD will report on a subject that has caught his attention.