Sabotaging Your Coding and CDI Reporting
August 02, 2022
Timothy Powell, CPA | Laurie M. Johnson, MS | John Zelem, MD | Steven Moffic, MD | Brianna Santolli, Esq. | Erica Remer, MD
Coders, clinical documentation integrity specialist and revenue cycle professionals will be the beneficiaries next Tuesday during the live edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays when healthcare attorney and litigator Brianna J. Santolli returns to the broadcast and cuts through the legal jargon to warn of tactics deployed by some Medicare Advantage Organizations (MAO) to preserve profits by inappropriately denying prior authorizations. Using a recent case conducted by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General, Santolli, a litigator at the law firm Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, will explain in clear and simple terms how even though, the coding and documentation was correctly reported for the services provided, MAO will often deny or delay services for medically necessary care.
Other segments during the live broadcast include the following:
- Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC will report on the latest coding news.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, CPA will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- Journaling John: John Zelem, MD, FACS, founder and CEO for Streamline Solutions Consulting, will continue with his second journal entry in this, new segment.
- Mental Health Report: Award-winning author and internationally recognized psychiatrist H. Steven Moffic, will report on America’s mental health against the recent announcement the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to make 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline available nationwide.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer,MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on a subject that has caught her attention during her popular segment.
Brianna J. Santolli, Esq.