Talk Ten Tuesdays
2019 IPPS Updates: Reviewing Major Disease Category 18September 18, 2018 Chuck Buck | Holly Louie | Knicole Emanuel, Esq. | Laurie Johnson | Sharon Easterling | Stanley Nachimson, MS | Deborah Grider | Emmel “Sonny” Golden, MD
In this edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays Chuck Buck and Holly Louie, RN welcome special guest Dr. Emmel Golden, a physician associate and medicine lead for Enjoin. Dr. Golden, board-certified in internal medicine and pulmonary disease, will report on, among other topics, those associated with major disease category 18, including the confusing aspects of coding systemic inflammatory response syndrome, or SIRS.
Other segments to be featured on the broadcast include:
- News Desk: Knicole Emanuel, Esq, anchors the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk and reports on Medicare waivers in times of natural disasters. Knicole is a partner at Potomac Law Group, PLLC.
- Coding Changes: The American Medical Association (AMA) released its 2019 code changes last week. Continuing her reporting on this developing story is senior healthcare consultant Deborah Grider with Karen Zupko and Associates.
- Tuesday Focus: Sharon Easterling will report on the impact of Hurricane Florence in the Carolinas, especially among area hospitals. Sharon Easterling is the CEO of Recovery Analytics, LLC in Charlotte, N.C. Easterling will discuss best practices for hospitals confronting natural disasters.
- RegWatch: Leading healthcare technology consultant Stanley Nachimson returns with his popular segment, RegWatch, through which he reports on the latest regulatory changes coming out of Washington, D.C.
- Coding Report: Continuing her reporting on last week’s ICD-10 Coordination and Maintenance Committee meeting will be Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant for Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC and an ICD10monitor contributor.
Talk Ten Tuesdays: More than just talk™