Questions are overflowing about the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS’s) proposed changes to evaluation and management (E&M) coding and reimbursement found inside the proposed 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule.
Returning this coming Tuesday for the next edition of Talk Ten Tuesdays will be Sally Streiber, president of Practical Coding Solutions, LLC. Sally is expected to answer some of those questions when she continues her two-part series reviewing the proposed changes.
Sally will report on the “good” and the “bad” aspects of anticipated impacts.
Other segments to be featured on the broadcast include:
- News Desk: Larry Field, DO, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk with the very latest healthcare news. Field is the treasurer of the American College of Physician Advisors.
- CMS, Are You Listening? In the closing days before the public comment period ends (Sept. 10) for the proposed 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and E&M changes, nationally recognized coding authority Terry Fletcher will return to the broadcast to report on a number of specialties expected to be impacted if the proposed rule becomes effective Oct. 1.
- Tuesday Focus: Senior healthcare consultant Laurie Johnson with Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will preview the upcoming Coordination and Maintenance meeting kicking off Tuesday, Sept. 11.
- CDI Report: ICD10monitor contributor Glenn Krauss, the clinical documentation improvement (CDI) manager at University Health Systems Las Vegas, will report on how providers too often approach CDI from a misguided and counterproductive direction, focusing too closely on reimbursement as the primary objective and endpoint of chart reviews.
- TalkBack: Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host Erica Remer, MD, FACEP, CCDS, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc., will report on a current issue that caught her attention during her popular TalkBack segment.