Whether it’s discussing equal pay for women healthcare professionals, uncovering #MeToo narratives in the medical profession, or examining studies comparing women physicians’ and surgeons’ outcomes favorably to men’s, there has never been a more important time for crucial conversations to take place about women’s health. And that is why National Women’s Health Week will be the subject of this special Talk Ten Tuesdays broadcast.
Other segments to be featured on the broadcast include:
- Tuesday Focus: Lisa Banker, chief physician advisor and vice president for case management at McLeod Health in South Carolina, reported on her perspective on women’s health issues.
- Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant for Revenue Cycle Solutions LLC and ICD10monitor contributor, reported on the latest proposed codes for women’s health.
- CDI Report: Kathy Murchland, manager of CDI for Kettering Health Network in Dayton, Ohio, reported on her career transition from an inpatient coder to successfully rebranding the facility’s CDI department as “Documentation Excellence.”
- Women’s Health Report: Vinita Manoraj, MD CHCQM, medical director at Hackensack Meridian Health, reported on women’s health issues from her perspective.
- TalkBack: Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host Erica Remer, MD, FACEP, CCDS, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc., reported on a disturbing news report about a medical student who was asked to perform a pelvic exam on a woman who had been anesthetized before having a surgical procedure.
Talk Ten Tuesdays. More than just talk.™